The George Washington Chapter hosted the PASSAR Board of Management meeting on Friday, August 19, 2022 along with the annual chapter picnic the following day on Saturday, August 20, 2022. Kurt Winter is pictured presenting Hannah Elizabeth Knootz with a chapter runner-up certificate and check for her Elementary School Poster Contest entry. Congratulations to you, Hannah!
2021 Picnic attendees – Cross Creek County Park
Members of the Parkinson’s Ferry Society-C.A.R. hold the dessert cake that all shared at the joint picnic.
President Kurt Winter presents Everitt and Karl Meer with their 10 year membership pin and certificate.
Brenda Biearman, Karen Neubauer, Regent-Susan DeLost of the Washington County Chapter-DAR present $500.00 towards the cemetery sign project to Ron Miller.
July / August 2021 Newsletter Highlights
- Joint CAR / DAR / SAR picnic held at Cross Creek Park on Saturday, August 21, 2021
- National Cemetery of the Alleghenies Director Edward Hajduk presented at the June chapter meeting
- George Washington Chapter participated in the Whiskey Rebellion Festival on July 10, 2021
- Ron Miller describes new Revolutionary War grave sign program
- Michael Merryman presented with a Lafayette medal certificate and 20+ oak leaf clusters
- Gary Timmons presented with the PASSAR Medal of Distinguished Service
- Louis Edward (Tim) Thomassy, Jr. installed as a new chapter member
- Passing of Compatriot Rev. Dr. Roger Raymond Fischer on July 1, 2021
- New member Lucas Andy Hillebrand welcome to the chapter
- Fort Henry Days will occur on Labor Day weekend in Wheeling, WV
Chapter check presentation to Wreaths Across America from donations that were received when the WAA mobile exhibit was in Bridgeville, PA. From L-R: WAA Location Coordinator Brynnly Schwartz, Gary Timmons, and Ron Miller